Numbers speak louder than words:
- 5 is the number of half-meter-deep potholes in the middle of the Dawra-Nahr el-mot highway, one of which my car ‘experienced’ today. Hey, my car loves life too.
- 3 is the number of months those potholes have been there and no one has bothered to fill them up or patch them up.
- 4 is the number of times the power was on and off in the past 5 minutes.
- 2 is the number of lanes that the south-north “highway” near Mar Mikha’el (after MTC touch building) will be reduced to, to make way for more lanes for the opposite side.
- 2 is the number of years they have been working on constructing a bridge on the highway and are not halfway done with it.
- 0 is the number of photos I was allowed to take of Wadi Abu Jmil, because apparently it is a security risk.